WEDDING DRESS PRESERVATION
Mountaineer Cleaners offers a multitude of ways that customers can clean or preserve their beautiful wedding gowns. In addition to our superior cleaning services, we offer the ability for customers to have their special dress carefully stored for safe keeping.
One option for customers is getting their gown stored on a hanger. A special hanger is used, with an insert placed inside the dress to help it keep its natural shape. In addition, a special covering is used to minimize mildew and other deterioration.
In addition to having your dress placed on a hanger, customers may receive their wedding dress in a high quality box designed for long-term storage. Wedding Dresses are stored with white, acid-free tissue paper designed to help maintain the natural color and feel of your gown. If your dress has a veil or other additional pieces, they will be stored separately.
Delicate fabrics often do not stand well against the test of time. Even though our wedding gown cleaning and preservation process is of the highest quality, we recommend that you take further steps in order to slow the aging process.
- Always store your wedding gown in a cool, dry area. Heat from an attic can allow the fabric to yellow, while basements tend to cause mildew.
- Do not store your gown on a regular shoulder hanger. This can cause stretching. Instead, sew straps to the waistline to relieve stress.
- Never cover your dress in plastic.
- Stuff your wedding gown with white, acid-free tissue paper to prevent wrinkling.
- Store accessories to your wedding gown separately to avoid damages.
- Periodically inspect your wedding gown for newly formed stains. Make sure to immediately take it to a professional for cleaning.
Storing your wedding gown is not always going to be perfect. Using these tips will create the best possible conditions for the longevity of your special dress.
For additional information call:
Boone: 828-386-1886 | West Jefferson: 336-246-9379